I admit it. I'm silly. I like to be trendy. I like to try all new trendy food stuff that's out there and sometimes my opinion about them is a bit biased due to the fact that it's trendy. Smoothie bowl is trendy - but smoothie bowl is a keeper. This one is topped with summer berries, almond flakes and chia.
Time: 30 min
- 1 cup / 150 g frozen strawberries
- 3½ oz / 100 g frozen acai
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- ½ cup / 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp honey
- ⅓ cup / 50 g strawberries
- 2 apricots
- 2 tsp almond flakes, grated
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Add the frozen fruit, acai, almond milk, peanut butter and honey to a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed if the mixture is too thick to blend.
- Pour the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced or chopped fruit, almond flakes and chia seeds. The fruits don't have the be the ones I suggested above - take what you have at home and chop them up.