Let me introduce you to my absolut favourite dish which I rarely eat anymore since I turned 90% vego in August. These spicy chicken wraps with mango salsa are insanely good!
Time: 25 min
- 17½ oz / 500 g ground chicken
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 inch (2 cm) ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp sesame oi
Vegetables and toppings
- 1 cup / 2,5 dl (100 g) carrots, grated
- 1 cup / 2 dl (70 g) red cabbage, grated
- 1 cup / 100 g sugar snap peas
- ⅔ cup / 2 dl (70 g) bean sprouts
- 12 large romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup (115 g) greek style yogurt
- Some extra hoisin sauce to top with
- 1 mango, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 0,5 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 4 sprigs cilantro / coriander
- Marinate chicken in sauces, half the oil, and garlic and ginger for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the sesame oil in a large pan and fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Prepare all the vegetables. Place them separately in bowls.
- Combine mango, tomatoes, red onions and cilantro in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken together with chopped vegetables using lettuce leaves as wraps.